facebook linklinkedinyoutube

    Order Online

    Which Regulator Should I Use

    Featuring Frank Erickson

    This question comes up a lot. There are several different regulator styles and sizes. Each regulator has its own purpose and your installation is going to determine which regulator you need.

    Small Cylinder Against the House

    Two compact twin stage regulators.

    If you are only installing a smaller cylinder up against the house for an appliance with a BTU rating of under 525,000 BTUs than you can use a compact twin stage regulator. This style regulator takes tank pressure and converts it to working pressure (9"-13" WC) through a two-step process.

    Installing a Larger Tank Away From the House

    If you are installing a larger tank away from the house than you will need two separate regulators.

    First stage regulator.

    A first stage or high-pressure regulator and a second stage or low-pressure regulator. The first stage regulator takes tank pressure and reduces it to 10 PSI.

    Second stage regulator.

    The second stage takes it from 10 PSI and reduces it to 9”-13” WC.

    All of the regulators are available in many different sizes depending upon what size pipe and the amount of BTUs you are using. With any gas installation make sure to check your gas line sizing chart.

    Salesperson Frank Erickson

    Frank Erickson

    Read Frank's Bio

    More blogs like this one

    Sign up for our Newsletter to receive updates effecting the propane industry and information on promotions we're running.



    Like this Article? Why not Share!


    Download Our App

    Easily order new parts, easily locate our branches, and easily check your orders on the go. That’s the Tarantin App. Download it today.

    Apple DownloadGoogle Play Download

    Don’t have an online ordering account? CLICK HERE to sign up today.


    Address: 86 Vanderveer Road
    Freehold, NJ 07728

    Phone: 1 800.922.0724

    Fax: 1 732.780.5173

    Follow Us:






    facebook icon linkedin icon youtube icon